Carrington Mortgage Services is a fully integrated mortgage company with mortgage lending and servicing operations and an affiliated real estate brokerage. We are part of Carrington Holding Company, LLC , which owns and operates multiple businesses that cover virtually every aspect of single family residential real estate transactions. We currently have an opening for an experienced Correspondent Account Executive.
- Competitive base salary and industry leading monthly incentive plan
- Benefits including Medical, Dental, Co. paid LTD, STD, and matching 401K plan
- Career advancement opportunities.
Looking for a company offering continuous growth, a full scale marketing strategy, continued training, career improvement courses? At Carrington Mortgage we offer a complete suite of products including FHA, VA, FNMA, FHLMC and a robust menu of Non-QM programs which has further fueled our growth. We are currently recruiting experienced AE’s for our Non-Delegated and Delegated sales team.
- Increased earning capacity due to access to our exclusive Non QM Loan Products down to 500 FICO.
- Ability to market faster and more efficiently inside the operation
- Superior service levels offered to the broker as your inside presence ensures every step of the loan process is handled in the most efficient manner possible
- Professional account managers partner with you and your brokers to add value every step of the way
- Competitive compensation plans
- Alternative products currently under development
- Excellent employee benefits
What is expected as a Carrington team member?
- Successfully develop, manage, and close qualified correspondent business partner leads in the assigned region
- Identify client performance improvement opportunities
- Maintains a network of key contacts in territory to drive correspondent loan production
- Serve as the internal support liaison with client
- Keeps abreast of current developments and market trends, to further identify and service the clients’ needs
- Good understanding of Agency, FHA, and VA products and guidelines. Experience with Non
- QM product line a plus.
- 3+ years’ experience in a correspondent lending sales role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
FOUNDED IN 2003, Carrington has evolved from a mortgage credit asset manager into a vertically-integrated financial services company that covers virtually every aspect of the single-family residential real estate transaction, including investment in U.S. real estate and mortgage markets, loan origination and servicing, asset management and property preservation, real estate sales and rental, and title and escrow services. Carrington has built the infrastructure necessary to maximize value during any market cycle.
The Sr. Correspondent Underwriter will underwrite loans in accordance with Company and Investor guidelines following the company’s policies and procedures under general supervision. Makes sound underwriting decisions and ensures that all decisions meet legal and policy requirements. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a thorough analysis to ensure the quality of each loan and to determine compliance with Company and Investor guidelines.
- Performs thorough analysis of collateral to ensure the property meets investor guidelines and the appraisal quality and completeness are acceptable.
- Applies and interprets company underwriting guidelines and makes sound credit decisions.
- Completes credit, analysis of income, analysis of the property, ensures proper audits are completed, and verifies the consistency of loan file information.
- Identifies risk factors within each loan and utilizes resources, tools, and documentation to detect red flags and clear inconsistencies.
- Reviews and evaluates credit information on mortgage loan documents to determine acceptability for specific loan programs.
- Determines any conditions, stipulations, or pre-funding requirements.
- Reviews and clears underwriting conditions, stipulations, or pre-funding requirements received.
- Communicates with clients, sales teams, and operations teams to resolve outstanding issues as they arise.
- Assists departmental support staff when necessary.
- Resolves and responds to post-closing credit exceptions received from investors and auditors when required on loans underwritten.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of investor guidelines, updates, and trends as applicable to underwriting position.
- Completes second signature underwriting review on loan files underwritten by junior underwriters and within designated authority as needed.
- Base pay, along with monthly and quarterly incentive
- Sign-on Bonus (up to $7,500)
- Benefits including 401K
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR LICENSES:
- Five (5) plus years of correspondent mortgage underwriting work experience
- FHA Direct Endorsement designation and/or VA SAR designation.
- DU and LP experience required.
- Experience working in a paperless Loan Origination System environment preferred.
Carrington is an equal opportunity employer