Careers With Carrington
Senior Correspondent Underwriter
(FHA & VA)
FOUNDED IN 2003, Carrington has evolved from a mortgage credit asset manager into a vertically-integrated financial services company that covers virtually every aspect of the single-family residential real estate transaction, including investment in U.S. real estate and mortgage markets, loan origination and servicing, asset management and property preservation, real estate sales and rental, and title and escrow services. Carrington has built the infrastructure necessary to maximize value during any market cycle.
The Sr. Non-Delegated Correspondent Underwriter will underwrite loans in accordance with Company and Investor guidelines following the company’s policies and procedures under general supervision. Makes sound underwriting decisions and ensures that all decisions meet legal and policy requirements. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a thorough analysis to ensure the quality of each loan and to determine compliance with Company and Investor guidelines.
- Performs thorough analysis of collateral to ensure the property meets investor guidelines and the appraisal quality and completeness are acceptable.
- Applies and interprets company underwriting guidelines and makes sound credit decisions.
- Completes credit, analysis of income, analysis of the property, ensures proper audits are completed, and verifies the consistency of loan file information.
- Identifies risk factors within each loan and utilizes resources, tools, and documentation to detect red flags and clear inconsistencies.
- Reviews and evaluates credit information on mortgage loan documents to determine acceptability for specific loan programs.
- Determines any conditions, stipulations, or pre-funding requirements.
- Reviews and clears underwriting conditions, stipulations, or pre-funding requirements received.
- Communicates with clients, sales teams, and operations teams to resolve outstanding issues as they arise.
- Assists departmental support staff when necessary.
- Resolves and responds to post-closing credit exceptions received from investors and auditors when required on loans underwritten.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of investor guidelines, updates, and trends as applicable to underwriting position.
- Completes second signature underwriting review on loan files underwritten by junior underwriters and within designated authority as needed.
- Base pay, along with monthly and quarterly incentive
- Sign-on Bonus (up to $7,500)
- Benefits including 401k
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR LICENSES:
- Five (5) plus years of correspondent mortgage underwriting work experience
- FHA Direct Endorsement designation and/or VA SAR designation.
- DU and LP experience required.
- Experience working in a paperless Loan Origination System environment preferred.
Carrington is an equal opportunity employer